Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rainy Days

Bad weather, bad day!

I went into work only to find that I was starting the day off behind (which is never a good sign of things to come). As I sat down, I heard grumblings of a transfer. Wonderful. I had never done a transfer before. I felt like I was running around in circles not accomplishing much of anything so I had to ask the woman I was relieving to stay and help out. I felt horrible. She ended up doing a 24hr shift just to help me get my head above water. We both busted our behinds to get the mess straightened out and at the end of the day we still didn't feel like we accomplished much even though we were beyond busy - didn't get a chance to pee, busy. I knew I should have scheduled that in.

In the middle of all this I had to deal with a cranky nurse, ridiculous rules, and a patient who needed her call button surgically removed.

What a day!

No comments: