Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tears

I just read one of Dawn’s posts about Julian and it touched my heart in ways I can’t explain.

I’ve been sitting here bored out of my mind while Chris plays XBox so I decided to check out some blogs I haven’t read in a while. When I came to Dawn’s blog I got sucked in as usual. She just has a way of doing that to me. I read this post about Julian and the tears have not stopped since. Once I read the last word, I placed my lap top down beside me and tip toed into Jacob’s room. I crawled into bed with him, kissed his forehead, and held him tight for a long while. The tears continued to stream down my face and pool up on the pillow. In a sleepy voice, Jacob asked why I came in to cuddle. I told him that I just needed him close to me because that’s what makes me feel better. After a few minutes of silence, I heard him say “thank you, Mom.” and my heart melted. I told him how much I love him and that he means the world to me. He sighed heavily and resumed his sleepy breathing pattern. I kissed him softly and slipped out of his bedroom. When I returned to the living room, Chris asked what I was doing. I told him I was being a Mommy.

I’m not sure I’ll ever forget Mimi’s words or the way they made me feel. I’m positive I’ll never forget how a little boy I’ve never met touched my heart in such a profound way.

No comments: