Monday, January 21, 2008

LKM Day

Jake’s school held a PTO fundraiser today for Luther King Martin Day (as Jake put it). They had a local pottery shop come in and we painted some plates. Jake painted a plate that I traced the Patriots logo onto and Madison painted a plate that I traced a butterfly onto. Yes, I traced because I’m artistically challenged. Jake was much more interested in talking to the people seated across from him then to get any paint onto his plate. I think he painted half a line in two hours. Madison on the other hand, used every color available to her - just one on top of the other. Neither plate resembled much of anything upon completion but it was their work of art and that’s all that matters. I’ll post a picture when we get them back. Should be interesting.

Tomorrow is the start of the spring semester. I can do this! I just need to keep telling myself that.

No comments: