Sunday, June 8, 2008

one beautiful year!


One year ago I held you in my arms and cried over your beauty. I couldn't believe you were all mine. When the nurse had to take you back to the nursery to take your vital signs and give you your first bath, I sat there counting the minutes that passed while you were gone. When I couldn't take it anymore, I sent Daddy to get you and bring you back to me. Being the best Daddy ever, he did just that. He placed you back in my arms where you stayed until your many visitors arrived.
When we brought you home, you were still napping in your seat. You had fallen asleep in the five minutes it takes to get from the hospital to the house. You came into the house peaceful, quiet, and calm and that's how it has been ever since (for the most part).
It has been an amazing year and I can't imagine my life without you. So, Happy 1st Birthday my little "Livi Bug"! I love you sweet baby girl - more than I could ever express in words.


3 comments:

Michelle Lynn said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!

And your "things I never thought I'd say" list is TOO funny.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!! She's such a cutie! Such a big girl now!

Daily Verses said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!